Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Snowflake Greetings

Happy Tuesday Everyone,

First off I will say this post is picture heavy.

Here is my Christmas Card for this year that was sent to family and friends. Each card was made with one of two different stamps from the Bildmalarna November stamp club kit from Stampingscrapping.com. The inspiration for this card was from a card project that Kristina Werner of kwernerdesing.com blog. She is also does wonderful You Tube videos for cards. Her You Tube channel is Starofmay . My card inspiration came after I saw one of her 2008 videos and just loved the idea. If you want some great ideas you should check her blog out and subscribe to her You Tube channel. One thing though you will need to purchase a white gel pen after watching all of what she does to embellish her cards using it. J

I used transparency sheets that I got from an office supply store for the base of the card. I stamped the transparency with snowflakes that were from an older Stampin up set using white Staz-on ink. The little girl images are stamped and colored using Copic Markers. The Snowflake Greetings stamp is one that I picked up out of the dollar bin at Michaels. It worked perfect for my card. Rhinestones were added to the small snowflakes in the greeting. This has been one of my favorite cards to make. I normally send different cards to everyone but this year I loved the way this card came out everyone received the same design just in different colors.



These are the three different colors that I did.

Of course with red being my favorite color that was my favorite one.
The punch used for the white trim is a Stampin up punch.

All of the white areas have Sparkle n Sprinkle twinkling clouds flock on them. The flock has a bit of glitter in it. It makes it shine just enough.
Here is the green ones.

And of course the blue ones.

I hope you enjoyed the cards. As I said before I really liked making these cards.

12 comments:

Rosie said...

These cards are all AWESOME!! Love the idea of transparency sheets with the white snowflakes....fabulous!!

Karen said...

These are awesome!! : )

Linda S. said...

Your cards are great. I may just try that technique with the transparency sheets. I just found a package of them in the drawer the other day. I'm off to check out the blog and videos from your friend. Thanks for the suggestion.
Linda S. in NE

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Paula said...

Oh, your cards are simply STUNNING! I love them all!

Betsy said...

WOW!!!!!

cathylynn said...

ALL so beautiful!!

PinkLadyCarol said...

Such creative cards -- I love them!!

ScrappySandie said...

Wow! These are simply gorgeous! I like all 3 colors equally...your coloring of the Bildy figures is very nice!! Love the transperancy idea!

Nancy Dawson said...

Your coloring is superb! and such gorgeous cards.

OhioDeb said...

beautiful!

MarieK said...

Welcome to the COPIC Crazy group and thanks for sharing your cards! I love the transparent look!