Saturday, July 14, 2012

Anything but a Card

Happy Saturday Everyone,

Well it is raining here finally today. Not complaining. Nice gentle rain to so at least it will soak in.

Today brings a new challenge over at MayzyArt challenge blog. And this is a good challenge for you. Today is anything but a card. Sometimes easier said than done. But it is a good time to break out of the "card" mode and try something else.

Today I am using Leah. I have made a gift tag for a baby shower. I thought this would be perfect. You can do this with most stamps it's really easy. When you go to cut out your image lay another piece of cardstock behind the image. I will sometimes add a few staples around the cardstock to hold it in place as you cut and then you will just have to hold that one place that is left to cut so you can finish cutting the image with out it moving.




I just printed To and From on the blank sheet but I know there are stamps out there for that too. I have one somewhere LOL.
I leave just a little bit of extra card stock at the top to add a brad for my tie but that would be up to you. I just didn't want a whole in her head.
I have colored Leah with my copics.

Doesn't this look like you could be giving a gift card or certificate. Maybe even a baby feeding spoon. I have done this same tag thing many times when I need a gift tag to be a little special. I hope you will give it a try.


This picture you can see the extra cardstock and brad at the top. I love Leah hair on this image. She looks like the shower is coming none too soon. I hope you will join in on the challenge. We would love to see what you come up with for this theme. You can use any image you like but Mayzy will draw one entry from Random.org and the other she will draw as her favorite using a Mayzy image. Oh just a note. Today 7/14 is the last day of her sale so if you would like to add to your Mayzy collection now is your chance for an extra 20% off. Just a few more hours left.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.


6 comments:

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Gorgeous Jo!! I have never thought of doing that extra backing bit for the gift tag - genius :) Lovely colouring and such a great fancy bow too !

Penny said...

Hey, Jo, thanks for the great idea! I would never have thought of it! As usual, you did a great job of coloring! Love this! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Carla S. said...

Fantastic gift tag, Jo! Great coloring and design!

Shari said...

Absolutely gorgeous gift tag showcasing your gift of coloring!!

Shelby said...

Wonderful baby shower tag! Your coloring looks fantastic and thanks for the tip on the staple!!!

Shelby

Unknown said...

Beautiful colouring - lovely! Thank you for joining us at The Poodles Parlour this time!

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things