Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lollipops

Hello Everyone,

Is your week off to a good start? Is May flying by or what? I can't believe it is the 15th already. Before you know it Memorial Day will be here.

Today we have a fun challenge for you at Through the Craftroom Door. We have a photo inspiration for you to base your creation off of. Today is also a very special day at TTCRD. This is the day the first issue of the magazine comes out under the new owner Colleen Holmes. Boy are you in for a treat. It is packed full of lots of fun things to inspire you. I have a tutorial in there as well. If you haven't checked out the magazine here is the link for more information.

Ok, on to my card. One of our sponsors the challenge is Gilli Stamps. She provided us with images to use for the challenge if we choose. I am using Gilli Lollipop. Isn't she just adorable?

I have colored her with my Copics. I added a bit of glossy accents to my multi colored lollipop. Gosh I remember those big lollipops that you would get at the candy store at the beach. And sure enough you would start enjoying it and boom right down in the sand it would go because they were so top heavy.

The papers I used are from My Minds Eye Stella and Rose Mabel collection.

I broke out my pennant punch from Stampin up and made the flag banner along with some bakers twine. I also used a Stampin Up border punch for the open scallops.

Thank you for stopping by today and I sure hope you will check out the challenge and the magazine. I think you will be happy you did.

I am entering this into the following challenges.



10 comments:

Vivi Casale said...

just adorable!!

Terry said...

Hey there thank you for sharing your fabulous card with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, your coloring is absolutely stunning. Hugs Terry xxxx

Linda Palmer said...

Very pretty card Jo. As always, awesome coloring and design. Love the banner.

coops said...

stunnning card jo.i love your colours and bunting and fab sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Payne Holler Cards said...

love it! hope I get to play in challenge...the magazine was awesome and loved your projects!
so tickled to see this banner - i just ordered that punch set from SU!
your coloring is fab (as always!!)
hugs

Lisa Minckler said...

I saw this on the challenge blog and couldn't wait to comment. Your card is fantastic and matches the photo inspiration perfectly. I love the swirly-whirly colors of the lollipop!!! Beautiful card. :)

Thank you SO much for playing along with us at The Squirrel & The Fox for our challenge.
Good luck to you and we hope you come back next week to play along again.
Lisa xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jo this is a little beauty I really like to colours you have used, the design, banner, twine and image look so very pretty thank you for joining our challenge at OLLCB.
hugs
Lorraine x

Shelby said...

Beautiful color combination and your coloring is spot on great!

Shelby

Unknown said...

Super card, love the bunting. Thanks for sharing with us at OLL this time.
hugs
Dawn xx

Mel said...

Jo, so beautiful, love the colors and banners. Thank you for joining us at Oozak challenges.