Saturday, May 19, 2012

May Flowers for Bridal Shower

Hello Everyone,

Is everyone ready for a brand new challenge out in blog land? I sure hope so because I have a wonderful one for you to take a look at. Mayzy from Mazy Art decided to create a Challenge for her blog. The challenge will be every other Saturday. She had a DT call a few weeks back and I was lucky enough to be picked as one of the 6 DT's. I am working with 5 other mega talented DT's. I hope that we will inspire you to join in on the fun and win some of Mayzy's images. They are so fun to color and create with.


Warning: A little picture heavy. :-)

For the first challenge Mayzy selected May Flowers, she put a little spin on her name :-)

I choose to make a few items that you could use for a bridal shower or even the wedding tables.
I am using Lovely Bride by Mayzy. This also come in a set with a groom as well or by himself.

I have colored her with my copics and added stickles to her dress and veil although a little hard to see in the picture.

I used a Cherry Lynn die for the leafy swirl. The papers are from Making Memories Wedding collection 8 x 8 pad. This pad has some of the prettiest papers for use to make wedding cards. The heart topped pins are also from the same collections. The little pink flowers are from A. C. Moore.

I used Cotton Candy Stickles on the pink flowers in her hair dress and bouquet of flowers.
A little hard to see but I also used Viva Decor Pearl pen on her earrings.

The little gift bag is a package I purchased at the local Dollar Tree. They worked perfect for this. And this is one of the best parts about using digital images. You can size them to what you need. The little roses are from I am Roses as is the leaf.


The guest place card is just a piece of plain white card stock cut. I added the swirl and wrote out the name Guest.

I hope that I have inspired you to come join us for Mayzy's first challenge. I can't wait to see what your take on May flowers will be.

I am entering this into the following challenges



10 comments:

Trina said...

When I saw this set on the video yesterday, I was blown away! Everything looks amazing!!

Shelby said...

Beautiful project! Love all of the coordination and all of the little details you've added make it absolutely amazing.

Shelby

Penny said...

OMGosh, Jo, this is just so beautiful! I love this set! Like, WOW! You did a great job on all of the pieces! And congrats on the new DT! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Mau xx said...

These are Gorgeous Jo, what beautiful colouring and love the detail on each one.
Thanks for taking part in the MAWTT challenge.
Hugs Mau xx

coops said...

wow these are fantastic jo.really beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Pami said...

Wow, what a gorgeous set, love the wonderful colours and all the extra details. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

Shari said...

Jo this set is absolutely stunning!! Love every single detail and the wonderful co-ordination of all the pieces!!!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

This is simply beautiful Jo!! What a gorgeous set, so, so pretty - you should be very proud :)

Jenée said...

Jo, congratulations on being selected as DT. Your creations are lovely. This bridal set is so pretty, and I did see the sparkle in the close up of the bride. Well done. I can definitely see why you were selected as one of the six team members. Thank you for sharing this beautiful work in this week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle.

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Jo,
Thanks for playing in our Sparkle challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle. I really like how you added sparkle to her bouquet!!! Wonderful wedding set!!!!
Hugs
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
Card Crafter’s Circle Design Team