Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Books are friends too!

Happy Wednesday,

Today's card is made using one of Mo Manning's digi images. I like this image, she just looks happy to be sitting there enjoying her book.

I am entering this card in the weekly challenge at Mo's. The challenge was "A recipe for friendship". You needed to use one element in the recipe. I chose friend/love.



I found this quote about books being your friend. I thought of Mo's image and this quote as a different way to look at friendship.


Many people value their books as friends. They keep them company when there is no one else, they make you laugh just when you need a good laugh. Well I think you get what I am saying.


I wanted to do a little different take on this challenge. It's a simple card but I like the way it came out. She is colored with my Copics. Three black pearls were added.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Dorcas said...

I really love your take on the recipe theme, so true!! And I love that you used a Mo image that we dont see so often. Wonderful job! I’m so glad you could play with us at Mo’s this week!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful. I love this image and have not used it in so long. It is perfect for this challenge. Great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at MO's.