Monday, June 6, 2011

Making Wishes

Happy Monday Everyone,

I hope you had a great weekend. I was able to find some flowers and get them all planted this weekend. Now I have to remember I need to go out and water them each evening since we are not getting much rain.

My card today is using a Wee Stamps image called Dandelion Girl. Yes I know we work hard to keep the dandelions out of our yard. I am unofficially calling her Making Wishes Girl. LOL Just kidding.

She is really a cute images as all of theirs are. I have colored her using my copics.


I used chalks to make a light colored sky and grass area then used a really old Stampin Up stamp to added some grass highlights. I made her pigtail 3-D. A little bit of stickles around her hair band and the ruffle of her dress to give it a little sparkle.

The papers I used were X-press for the image and K and Company Sweet Nectar collection. The punch border is a Martha Stewart punch. A few brads from my collection for a little something extra.

The layout is an older sketch (SC240) from SCS.

I am entering this card into The Outlawz June 3rd Copic/Promarker challenge. The challenge was to use the colors pink and green. My green is subtle in different places. A girl just needs her pink. LOL


Thanks for coming by today.

4 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

This is stunning Jo. Beautiful colouring. I love the Wee images but haven't used any of mine yet...will have to break them out :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Outlawz this week.

Linda Palmer said...

This is a beautiful image and gorgeous coloring. Love the paper and colors.

Sylvia Zet said...

Beautiful card. You have done fabulous work with her hair, lovely colouring. And another great idea with her pigtail:)

Diane said...

Jo, stopping in by way of the Outlawz site. Your cards are beautiful. The coloring is amazing. Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog. I am now a follower of yours. Hugs and Joy...Diane