Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Comfort Zone!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by.

My card today is way out of my comfort zone. I don't normally do cards like this one. I guess you would call it shabby vintage look. LOL I am not a "tag" person. I like them on other peoples work just not mine.

So you are asking why did you do it then. This card is for Mo's challenge this week. I always like to at least try. The challenge this week was to use a tag.


I made the tag. I broke out some old Fiskars Corner Edgers Scissors. Anyone remember them? Before all the fancy punches and die cutter. In case you are wondering why I keep using old stuff that was my New Years challenge to myself to try and use something that I have had for a while.
While it won't stop me from getting new stuff I will think twice about getting something that will do the same thing as something I already have. So then I can spend that money on something else. LOL


OK about the card other than the tag. I have colored the image with Copics. Added some flowers and lace. I used distressed tea dye ink on the card and the faintly stamp background.


A little Stickles to give it a little sparkle. Can't give up everything. ;-)

Have a great evening.


6 comments:

Pat said...

Are you kidding me?!! This is stunning!!! I love each and every element!! I am so loving the vintage/shabby feel of this little masterpiece! And your coloring is divine! I'm so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone...and I gotta tell ya, I'm envious of your tag card! And plan to keep a pic for future reference! Thanks so much for the beautiful inspiration...and for joining us for this week's fun tag challenge at Mo's! Hugs...Pat Frank

Dorcas said...

I know just what you mean about tags being out of your comfort zone. They're out of mine too. :-) But you did a fabulous job and Im so glad you could join us at Mo's!

Iulia said...

Wow! What a beautiful tag! Your coloring is great and I just love the vintage look! fab work!
Hugs, Iulia

Elaine L. said...

So pretty! I love the colors and your coloring! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Anonymous said...

Your card came out stunning, very nice.

:) Lori m

Views From My Scraproom... said...

What a beautiful tag! I think you did and excellent job! Lovin it.