Sunday, January 15, 2012

TTCRD Challenge - Anything but a card & create your own embellishments

Hi there,

Did everyone make it through the dreaded Friday the 13th this time around? Well at least it has been a 3 day weekend. Woo Hoo.

Well today's challenge at TTCRD is a little different but we hope will get you to look outside the box. The challenge it to create anything but a card but you will need to create your own embellishments as well. Wow that's a different one. We sure hope you will put your thinking caps on and amaze us. Our challenge this time is being sponsor by Ippity by Rona. She will be giving a $15 dollar gift certificate to her store for the lucky winner.

My project is a luminaire. This is Gilli House by anaRy. Isn't it just the cutest little house? At the end of the post I have an overview of how I created this. Mostly I just went with it.



This is just a "daylight" view of this cute little cottage. The trees are from a Sizzix die.
Here it is in a more "evening" setting.

Here is a "daylight" view at a slight angle.

And the "evening" setting at a different angle.


After I colored the image I placed it on another sheet of card stock and traced the shape to make the back part of the house. For the sides I just cut some pieces of cardstock that would allow after attached to the sides of the house a battery operated candle to fit inside. So what I am trying to say is I just winged it...LOL.

For the widows I cut them out then took some clear acetate and colored it with one of my yellowcopics. I then took a copic multiliner and recreated the window panes. For the base I used some heavy chipboard. I have an old template of a cobblestone so I sponged in a sidewalk. I then used glossy accents over each stone to give it a raised effect. The grass is created with lots and lots of green flower soft.

I also added multi colored flower soft along the sidewalk and flower boxes to give it that nice spring time look.

My embellishments that I created are:
  • A piece of background paper that has a newprint on it to make the newpaper on the sidewalk
  • The little bunny was part of a large stamp that I cute him out and added a little cotton ball to.
  • The baseball bat a drew and added a white pearl for the baseball
  • The jump rope is some twine with little pieces of cardstock for the handles.
I sure hope you will give something like this a try is really was fun. Not sure I would make a dozen of them but for someone special or just because you want to try something different sure.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you over at TTCRD.

I am also entering this into the following challenge.

Top Tip Tuesday

Post a Comment