Sunday, January 15, 2012

TTCRD Challenge - Anything but a card & create your own embellishments

Hi there,

Did everyone make it through the dreaded Friday the 13th this time around? Well at least it has been a 3 day weekend. Woo Hoo.

Well today's challenge at TTCRD is a little different but we hope will get you to look outside the box. The challenge it to create anything but a card but you will need to create your own embellishments as well. Wow that's a different one. We sure hope you will put your thinking caps on and amaze us. Our challenge this time is being sponsor by Ippity by Rona. She will be giving a $15 dollar gift certificate to her store for the lucky winner.

My project is a luminaire. This is Gilli House by anaRy. Isn't it just the cutest little house? At the end of the post I have an overview of how I created this. Mostly I just went with it.



This is just a "daylight" view of this cute little cottage. The trees are from a Sizzix die.
Here it is in a more "evening" setting.

Here is a "daylight" view at a slight angle.

And the "evening" setting at a different angle.


After I colored the image I placed it on another sheet of card stock and traced the shape to make the back part of the house. For the sides I just cut some pieces of cardstock that would allow after attached to the sides of the house a battery operated candle to fit inside. So what I am trying to say is I just winged it...LOL.

For the widows I cut them out then took some clear acetate and colored it with one of my yellowcopics. I then took a copic multiliner and recreated the window panes. For the base I used some heavy chipboard. I have an old template of a cobblestone so I sponged in a sidewalk. I then used glossy accents over each stone to give it a raised effect. The grass is created with lots and lots of green flower soft.

I also added multi colored flower soft along the sidewalk and flower boxes to give it that nice spring time look.

My embellishments that I created are:
  • A piece of background paper that has a newprint on it to make the newpaper on the sidewalk
  • The little bunny was part of a large stamp that I cute him out and added a little cotton ball to.
  • The baseball bat a drew and added a white pearl for the baseball
  • The jump rope is some twine with little pieces of cardstock for the handles.
I sure hope you will give something like this a try is really was fun. Not sure I would make a dozen of them but for someone special or just because you want to try something different sure.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you over at TTCRD.

I am also entering this into the following challenge.

Top Tip Tuesday

5 comments:

Carla S. said...

What a fabulous and amazing project, Jo! I love your 3D house! The details are just outstanding! Very creative design!

Unknown said...

Jo, Oh my goodness this is fantastic!!! Everything from the house, trees, stone patio, flower bed, bat and ball, window box, bunny... everything is so way over the top!! I am really enjoying looking at it! So much detail and it all adds up to GORGEOUS and very creative! Hugz

Lorraine said...

OMG, what an awesome project! Love all of the detail! You rocked it!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Candle house what a lovely thing to make and have! so clever... Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

Don't forget the challenges are Now fortnightly with a new one starting tomorrow so don't forget to check the winners on the side bar too! and good luck :0)

Lynne Armstrong said...

Wow Jo, love this project. This little house makes a perfect luminaire. All the details are fabulous :)
Hugs xx