Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Day Sweetie for The Outlawz

Hello Everyone,

Well that special day is coming up. Yup Valentine's Day! Do you remember as a kid when you couldn't wait to buy that box of little valentine cards that you use to sit down and write out to everyone at school. Do they even still do that in school?




Today I have a Valentine card for you. I was really happy with how this card came out. The image I have use is by Krista Smith owner of Saturated Canary. I just love her images. They are so fun to color not to mention just so darn cute too.

This image just looks like she is saying to her mom "but I need more stuff for my cards".


This week over at The Outlawz we have a special treat my fellow DT mate Dawn has a tutorial for you. We over of the CPC challenge are going to be adding some tutorial to our challenges as well. We want to keep it interesting for you. So along with the Calendar option we will have the tutorials. Dawn is doing our first tutorial. The tutorial is using your copics to create a color block and then added droplets to it.


You will see I choose to make mine into heart shapes and use them for the envelope closure.



I hope you will stop on by and check out our DT inspiration and Dawn fabulous tutorial. Please join us for the fun.

I am also entering my card into the following challenges

4 Crafty Chicks - love/valentines

Craft us Crazy - anything goes

Whimsy Inspires - Love themed

9 comments:

Maire Gamber said...

this is such a gorgeous card! I love your coloring and the image is just precious! Love the big eyes!
Hugs,
Marie XX

Linda Palmer said...

Jo, it is fabulous. I love your coloring on these darling images. It is always so perfect and this flourish tops this card beautiful.

Lori Turner said...

OMGOSH how cute, Johann!! You've colored her so well and I like the bling on the hearts - thanks for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Carla S. said...

Your card is awesome, Jo! Love the background and your fabulously colored image! The flourish adds just the right extra touch!

coops said...

gorgeous card jo.i love the image and your colours are stunning :D

xx coops xx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Love this card Jo - you're right to be pleased with it, it's just fabulous! I do love your idea with the hearts on the envelope as well :)

Lorraine said...

EEK, Johann, this is gorgeous! I love the design, colors and your coloring! Perfect valentine!

Lynne Armstrong said...

I LOVE this Jo. The red, white & black colour combo is stunning, as is your colouring. I think we're all addicted to Krista's images now lol
Hugs xx

Tamie said...

Super cute!! I just love the deets on the image and the colors and layout of your card. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.