Monday, September 26, 2011

Special Birthday Card

Hi there,

My card today was for a very special persons birthday. It was her 60th birthday. Even though it was planned at a park it ended up in the house because again Mother Nature at her finest. She slammed us with more rain that of course had the park a little messy.

All went well though. She was surprised and everyone had a great time.

The image is one by The Paper Shelter.


Look at the chocolate icing. Yummmm... LOL


Colored with my copics. Some different colors of liquid pearls were added as the topping sprinkles on the icing.


The tickets are done with my Paper Trey Ink die and stamp set on acetate with white Staz-on ink. I piece of ribbon and some glitter pearls are added to give it a little something.


I don't normally do the inside of my cards I make until they are ready to be used. This one I masked a couple of stamps to make the present to look like it was behind the other. I added some more tickets. The scallop is a punch and the stamp is by DRS designs to outline the punch.

I hope you enjoyed the card.

I am entering this in The Paper Shelters challenge this week.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Maire Gamber said...

just so cheery! Love the way you did the inside of your card too!
Hgus,
Marie

coops said...

gorgeous card jo.love your fab colours and design and the image is stunning.love how you have decorated the imside too ;D

xx coops xx

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card. I am sure she was thrilled with it. Love the beautiful colors you used with the background papers.

Debs said...

Yummy card, making me sooo hungry, thanks for playing at TPS this week.
Hugs Debs

Anonymous said...

Yummy cards, they look good enough to eat, a cupcake would be very tasty right now.

Pretty, pretty! Hugs, Lori m

Julie's Blog said...

Wow what another fab card! The bright colours match so well and the whole card is fantastic. I am blown away by how talented you and your Outlawz DT are. Thanks for the inspiration. Julie :D