Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Basket

Hello Everyone, I’m here today with another project for the Spring colors theme over at The House of Gilli.

This time I didn’t make a card but a little Easter basket to put some chocolate goodies in. I thought those little Hershey’s kisses with pastel colored foils would be cute.

I have used Gilli Florist for my project today. She fit the bill perfect. With her spring flowers and little basket.

gilli basket lg

This little basket is simple to make. I have used a piece of 6 x 6 paper from Authentique Uncommon collection. Add a piece of satin ribbon with some brads to hold it all together.

gilli basket tilt

I have colored her with my Copics. I also used my new Cherry Lynne Grass die that I received as a gift from a good friend. I layered 3 on top of each other to give a little depth. The Happy Easter is from a Studio G set stamp with chalk ink. Chalk ink is the best ink for using clear stamps, gives really good coverage.

gilli basket upcl2

I colored her shirt and then added white dots to make it a little different.

gilli basket upcl

I hope that my card has inspired you to join in on our challenge this time around at The House of Gilli. Thanks for stopping by today for a visit.

5 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Darling basket Jo. I love your Gilli,the way you colored her and the addition of the grass. Great creation. I think I might case this for the Calif. kids.

Teresa Arsenault said...

What an adorable little basket, Jo. The recipient will surely hang onto this for a long time.
Blessings,
Teresa

PS - I have a 'use your scraps' challenge on my blog right now and I will allow backlinking just this once.

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Very sweet basket Jo! Such a lovely gift :)

vickisunshine said...

Another gorgeous creation! I would like to award your lovely blog with the Liebster Blog Award. I have posted your name on my blog http://vickisunshine-sunshinecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html.
I do hope you'll accept this award as I feel you truly deserve it.
Hugs
Vicki x

coops said...

so stunning jo.the image is so sweet and gorgeous colours ;D

xx coops xx