Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring is Here!

Happy Spring Tuesday,

Wow can you believe it, spring is here. Not that we had a bad winter but now the flowers will be in bloom. Some are already. Oh the grass will need cutting, weeds to be pulled, mulch to be put down... hey wait a minute that's a lot of work. Just kidding.

Well today I have a card for you that is Spring, Easter and just plain full all in one.



My image is by Krista Smith of Saturated Canary. I just love her images. They are just fun to color with my Copics.
And look at that little duck is that cute or what?

The papers I have used have such a spring feel to them. They are from K and Company called Watercolor Bouquet. There were so many pretty papers I just couldn't pink one so I did a bit a layering.

I added a little green bakers twine for texture as well as some pretty pink pearls

I also used my dotted stamp to create the background around the image. I made a video on this if you would like to see how I did it. It located on the left side bar of my blog.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are able to enjoy a nice spring day.

I am entering this into the following challenges.

Saturated Canary Twine

Paper Makeup Photo inspiration

Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges Tie it up

Love to Create Anything Goes

Color Me Creative Anything Goes

Pretty Little Ribbon Shops Spring Colors



17 comments:

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Jo! I love the layout and papers and the terrific image! Your coloring of Krista's images is superb and this is no exception!

Lorraine said...

Wow, gorgeous coloring of that sweet image, Jo! and I love the spotted background!

Loopylou. said...

Oh Jo!! oh this is just devine. I love the gentle colours and the spots of colour behind them, its gorgeous!
Thank you for playing along with us over on the SC canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

coops said...

fantastic card jo.i love the image and really stunning colouring and design :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

fantastic card jo.i love the image and really stunning colouring and design :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

fantastic card jo.i love the image and really stunning colouring and design :D

xx coops xx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Beautiful Jo :) Love those papers and the gorgeous image is coloured so perfectly, as always!!

Michelle VP said...

What a lovely card! Such a sweet image and great coloring. So glad you joined our DigiMakeover spring inspiration challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps! :)

Sarah said...

A fabulous card!

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous spring card. Love your design and all those wonderful patterned papers. Glad you joined us for the photo inspiration at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge this week.

Payne Holler Cards said...

your coloring blows me away! love this layout and choice of dp!
a knockout card kid-oh!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for introducing me to that digi designs.Love your coloring!! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!!
Z

Crafty and Green said...

Stunning, Stunning, Stunning. Great Cheery card & fantastic Coloring!! I totally need this image, hehe! Thank you for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge & For sharing your talents with us!! Come back and join us again soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Penny said...

Jo, I love the SC images, too! Have been collecting a few for future use! This one is such fun and you did a great job with the coloring. I love the bright, cheerful colors and papers, too!
Hugs,
Penny

Lisa said...

Oh wow! I love this! I love Kirsta's Images! I had not seen this one but absolutely love it! Your coloring is fantastic!
Big Hugs!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card love this image & your colouring is fantastic sweetie.

Thank you also for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary Challenges, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Unknown said...

Johann what a stunning card lot’s of great details, and yes that duck is so cute .
well done hugs Elaine