Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Outside the box.......for me

Happy Wednesday to All,


Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I know there was a lot a severe weather across the US. I hope everyone is safe as well as their loved ones.


My card today is one that I have done for the Challenge over at Mo's Digital Pencils blog. The Challenge was distressing. I have to tell you this was really outside the box for me. I don't normally do distressing on my cards. Not sure why. I just don't think I do as well with it as other do.


I have colored this little guy using my Copic markers. For anyone who knows me, blues are not a color I use much. I was very happy with the way his shirt came out. I like this color blue.


The DP is from Basic Grey's Pyrus collection. It had a good bit of distressing on it already. I added some more.

I was looking for some ribbon the other day to make a bow for some flowers and came across this spool of ribbon that I have had for ages and thought oh how perfect Taylor's Chicken Farm. It already had a distressed feel (could be cause it is so old) but I added a little more with some distress ink.

Added some brads to the top right and lower left corners just because. The layout is a Splitcoast Stampers Sketch S332.



Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.




3 comments:

Dorcas said...

Oh this is precious Johann! Love the papers you used too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Mo’s Digital Pencil Challenge!

Elaine L. said...

Great card! I love the way you've colored his hair! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Anonymous said...

There all so cute!