Thursday, May 26, 2011

White with a punch of color

Hi There,

At least it is Thursday. Wow I can't believe that this weekend here in the US is the Memorial Day holiday. The "unofficial start of summer". Around here today it feels like summer. Just checked the temperature outside and it is 90 degrees. That is just too hot already.

I had some extra time to sit down and make a card.

My card today is for the challenge over at the CMC website. The challenge was to make a card that is mostly white with a punch of color. This is what I came up with.



The layout is one that I saw a video on from Splitcoast Stampers called a buckle card. It is a really easy card to make. The stamp that I used is an oldie.....1994 Stampendous Birthday Cake set. I thought with the hearts on the cake I would make it into an wedding cake. The set came with a little tiny candle stamp as well.


I highlighted the cake using my C1, C0 and C00 Copic markers to give it a little more of a white look to it. I also used some viva decor pearl pen for some of the icing.


I used two tiny roses from I am Roses along with some dried baby's breath for the topper. Also the little pearl sprays coming out are really pearl stamen. I added few pearls and diamond hearts to bling it up some. The papers are all stardreams except the one the cake is on and that is Cryogen white. I used a sizzix embossing folder on some of the white.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look. Have a great weekend everyone.



4 comments:

Ruby said...

I saw your card over in the gallery at CMC, but it's lovely to see it here on your blog because now I can see the detail of your buckle card! Very pretty entry. I love how you've added the pearl effect to the cake. Thanks for playing along with us at our Color Me Creative 'white' Challenge!

Cely said...

this is so beautiful! gotta love those stamps that are oldies but goodies! i just bought a bunch from a garage sale that were *really* old and re-mounted them. those are the best!

charlene said...

very nicely done I love how you added some roses and the buckle card is very cool. thanks for playing with us at CMC
Hugs

Unknown said...

love this card the cake is beautiful