Thursday, May 12, 2011

Summer Fun

Hi there,

Hope everyone is having a good week. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th Yuck.....Don't think I will post tomorrow just in case LOL.

This is a card that I entered into the CMC challenge this week.
Doesn't this card just say SUMMER?


The papers are by K and Company called Citronella. I have colored the image using Copic's. The layout is an old Splitcoast Stamper sketch.

The ribbon is from Targets $1 bin except I got it at the end of last summer season and all of their $1 summer items were 25 cents. I think you got 4 or 5 ribbons in each pack. Worked out so well for this card.

The brads are some that I have had in my collection for a long time.

I have to say I am doing well with keeping up with my resolution to try and use something old from my collection on each of my cards.

When they first posted this challenge, I thought oh boy. I am out of this one. But I looked through my digi's and sure enough I had about 5 to pick from. Because so many of the digi stamp makers are generous with their freebies, when I first started getting into the digi's I had downloaded a lot some of which I forgot about.

Thanks for stopping by today.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card, so summer which I just can't wait for this year. :) Lori m

Cely said...

So super cute! Everyone keeps talking about the dollar bin at Target but ours doesn't have one. :( It makes me sad!

Linda Palmer said...

I love your darling card. So summer!! Great job and beautiful coloring.

Chana Malkah said...

A very "crafty" entrance into summer!! It is so hot in Atlanta your card makes me long for the beach!!!

Found you at Outlawz!

Lorraine said...

Ooooh, that's gorgeous. Fab colouring.