Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Glitter Trees

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. It was beautiful here. But today not so much. It is pouring rain today. It's one of those days you just want to cozy up with a good book.



















Today I have a card I made a little more of non traditional Christmas colors. This would be a great Christmas card to give a man.

This card I broke out some more of my old stamps and supplies. I have really been having fun doing that. I feel like I go shopping every time I do it.

The stamp is one that was a two piece set I got from a vendor at the Ocean City convention a few years back called Stacy's Stamps , the stamp is called The Woods. This was one stamp the other a bare birch tree.



I used Stampin Up's Heat and Stick embossing powder and AIG Brown Glitter. I thought it came out really well. The card is a kraft base as well as the layer the glittered trees are on. The paper I used is from Basic Grey's Jovial collection. I added a brown satin ribbon and a few brown pearls.





I hope you enjoyed my card. I am entering it in the following challenges


Tuesday throwdown - A Masculine Holiday card

Crafty Card Makers - Heat embossing

The Ribbon Real - Anything Goes with a ribbon



Also, have you heard Suzanne Dean's has just opened up class number 5 on her Color Me Creative Classroom site. Lots of new techniques. 18 videos some as long as 40 minutes plus PDF's to go with it. Stop over and check it out. If you are just starting she has 4 other classes to get you going. She has been working hard to get this one together.


Thanks for stopping by to have a look. Hope you have a great day.


7 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Jo! I love the DP and the glittery trees! Isn't it fun to use some of our older stamps now and then? I can't wait to start Class 5! It will be my first one on-line since I took her other classes in person!

NancyD said...

Love the brown card and the sparkly highlights on the trees. NancyD

Mynn xx said...

What an amazing card! LOVE the glittery details--this turned out fabulously! :) Found you via Crafty Cardmakers. :)

Pauline said...

This is a beautiful card, love the fab papers and the sparkly tree. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel!

Susie Little said...

Beautiful Embossing! Thank you for playing at Crafty Cardmakers!xx

coops said...

so stunning jo.i love the gorgeous image and your colours and design are fab :D

xx coops xx

Stephanie (Arty Carty) Lee said...

wow!! Jo, your card is just gorgeous!! love the embossing!! Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Throwdown. xxx Steph