Friday, July 15, 2011

Black and White with a bit of color

Happy Friday,

Is everyone ready for the weekend. I am so ready.

My card today is for a challenge over at Mo's Digital Pencil blog. I have to say one thing I have come to like about challenges, they make you work outside of your normal comfort zone. Even though red is my favorite color I would not normally make a card out of red and black. I have to admit I do like the way it came out.


This card is using one of Mo's new images that she drew for a good cause. Bronte Kisses is a image that Mo is offering for $1.00 and all of the money goes to Petorphans.org. Check her site out and help a pet out :-)



The challenge was to create something that is black and white and a one contrasting color. Well as you can see I picked red. LOL


I have colored with my copics. The "Friends" stamp is by Studio G. The funny thing is the DP's are from a DCWV Fall mini stack 3 from a number of years ago. Amazing what you find when you go hunting. LOL

Thanks for stopping by today.

Have a good weekend.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute stamp, Jo, and you card looks great. It reminds me of my Zoey when she licks my face like that...teehee!
Hugs,
Sharon

Sara I. said...

How amazing is this image in b&w! The card is jaw-dropping stunning! Love it!

Pat said...

Oh how perfect!!! Your card is just perfect!! I have this image too...and now I want to color it! I have always been creeped out by grey skin...but I have to admit, I really love the way it looks...and the pop of red couldn't be more perfect...the collar and boots are PERFECT!!!! Thanks so much for joining our fun challenge at Mo's this week. Your creation ROCKS! Hugs. Pat Frank

paola said...

Wow your color combo sure has the wow factor, a real bright card for maximum impact, fabulous, thanks for joining us at Mo's
smiles
Paola

Elaine L. said...

Great job on interpreting this theme! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Debbie said...

This is such a fantastic take on the challenge. I still haven't tried coloring in the monochromes yet. But after seeing your gorgeous creation, I have to give it a try. thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week, and thank you for your inspiration.

Hugs
Debbie

P.S. and thanks for using Bronte's Kisses, the money does go to a fantastic cause

Anonymous said...

Pretty, the dot back ground adds a nice touch to showcase your design. Hugs, Lori m

Cathy said...

I love it, great job on the challenge, Thanks for playing along with the Mo's Challenge

Hazel said...

Hiya, If you go over to my blog you will see I have awarded you with an Inspirational Blog award.
Hugs
H xx
www.threelabradors.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

This is stunning! I couldn't envision this image in B&W, but you've done a fabulous job.

Lisa said...

So well done!~ Thanks for joining us at Mo's Digital Challenge!