Friday, July 22, 2011

Winter Glitter Coaster

Happy Friday Everyone,

Hope everyone has had a great week.

This is not a card nor is it colored with Copics. LOL
This is going back to my teaching days. I taught this class so many times that I still think I have glitter on me, well not really. I taught this technique I am going to guess a good 12 years or so ago at a local stamp store that is no longer here.




This is created using Art Institute Glitter. I still think it is one of the best glitters on the market.
I have 2 big photo boxes of it. I know there are a lot of newer ways that people have created this look but I still like the way it comes out using the old method with their glues.


It is stamped on acetate or you can stamp on white paper then photo copy to the acetate. I can't even tell you who the stamp is by because it was one a friend stamped for me and I had in a folder. I thought the blue, silver and white was a good winter combo.


I have had this coaster in my supply closet for years, but you can still get them. They are in the cross stitch area of Michaels and AC Moore. I think they are about $2.50 or so. I had a friend make a whole set of them for her home.

I have to say it was fun to break out of the card mode and do this project.

I am entering this into the Outlawz POM challenge this week which is Winter Glitter.

If I can find my old class instructions I will post them to my blog.* Update below

I hope you like my project and thank you for stopping by today.


*****UPDATE: Here is the file for the stained glass glitter instructions. I updated it a little to reflect some more current inks.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Johann, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Yes, please post how to do this, I would love to try.
You definitely nailed glitter!!

Maire Gamber said...

Johann.... the is beyond gorgeous! It is so beautiful! Love, love, love it!
Hugs,
Marie

Anonymous said...

Breath taking, :) Lori m

ileana said...

Hi Jo! I´m completely stunned by the beauty of this craft of yours, it´s simply beautiful! thank you for sharing it with us, hugs,

Patricia St Martin said...

Your coasters are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing then. They look real easy and would make a nice gift.
Hugz, Pat