Saturday, July 9, 2011

Zoe Celebrates!

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend. We finally got some rain here. Didn't amount to much but I guess a little is better than nothing at all.

I have to tell you I am super pleased with my card today. This image is Zoe Celebrates by Make it Crafty. Zoe the owner offered her free when you subscribed to the Make it Crafty newsletter. The funny thing is I didn't even know it when I subscribed and when she sent the image it was a wonderful surprise. I love the image but must say I was a bit taken back with the thought of all that hair. Coloring hair has become one of my favorite things to color. Boy did this give me some real practice. LOL


I had a blast coloring this image. I am really excited at how well it came out. I have been working with Copic markers since October and feel this is one of my best cards to date using them.


There is a tiny bit of Stickles on the center of the flowers on her jeans and shoes.


I didn't want to make the layout too fussy because I didn't want to take away from the image.

I am entering this card in the following challenges

Bearly Mine Challenges-Anything Goes

CMC- Favorite(s) Copic technique (coloring hair and feather blending)


I also want to take a moment to say Thank You so much to everyone who visits my blog and to those who leave me comments. The comments are always so encouraging and have helped me keep going at learning and not become frustrated with using the Copics. I appreciate every comment that is left here.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Dana said...

Hey Jo!! Had to pop over for a closer look after I saw her posted at The Outlawz!! You did an amazing job on her!! I'm with you, hair is my fav thing to color too but you did an equally impressive job on her clothes and skin! Fabulous, fabulous!!
Hugs~
Dana

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a beauty this is, that image is stunning and all that glorious hair, wow, thank you for sharing this with us at Bearlymine.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Brigitte said...

OMG, Wow what a stunner!!! Your coloring is exquisite, the hair is just perfect! Amazing job!
Brigitte

Michele Spera said...

Wonderful job on the hair and the feather blending:-) Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Color Me Creative
Hugs
Michele

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, just love her long blonde hair.

Hugs, Lori m

Ann said...

Love, love, love everything about your card ~ it's sweeeeet!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! Great blog. I found you on the Outlawz and now am a follower. Judy

Brook said...

Great job on the card. That image is colored wonderfully. Love her hair. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

Tracey Manderson said...

Beautiful Card Johann. Love your colouring! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges.
Hugs
Tracey

Jackie said...

WOW indeed... your colouring is wonderful.. adore how you have coloured her hair ... fabby card. Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine this time. Good Luck. Hugs J x