Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pretty Christmas Paper

Happy Tuesday All,

Before I get to my card I wanted to add this information for anyone that might be interested in taking a class on Copics.


SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING COPIC CLASSES: For anyone that is in the area of Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey or Pennsylvania or anyone that would be willing to travel to Delaware. Anary , the wonderful artist behind Gilli Stamps does not live too far from me and is trying to put together another Copic Class taught by the one and only Suzanne Dean. Suzanne was here in Delaware last October and I had the privilege to meet her and Anary. Anary is trying to help gather enough students to have Suzanne come back September 10th.

If you would like to learn , improve or brush up on your Copic skills this would be a wonderful chance. Suzanne is the owner behind Color Me Creative Classroom where she has online Copic classes, last year she started to take her classes on the road.

In order for Anary to book a time slot with Suzanne and book the classroom she needs a certain number of student to commit to the classes. If anyone would be interested please contact Suzanne at sjdean0574@yahoo.com so that she can get an idea if there will be enough people interested to set this up. You can also visit her site regarding her “On the Road” classes at http://www.cmcroad.com/


Okay, here is my card. I broke out my small collection of Just Rite stamps that I have. This was the first time I have used them with my Copic markers. I am really please with how this came out.

The DP is the Basic Grey Jovial collection. When I first pulled out this paper I though oh maybe a bit too dark but when I put the image and the ribbon and pearls with it I loved it.


I have also used gold Stardreams text weight paper.


I don't think the pictures do this card justice.

I think I may make a few more of these for Christmas cards this year. :-)

I am entering this into a few challenges this week.

The Outlawz July Paper Al A Mode This weeks challenge was to use Christmas paper for Christmas in July.

Creative Inspirations Challenge Christmas in July

2 Sisters Challenge blog Anything goes

Lollipop Crafts Anything goes

Simon Says Stamp and Show Anything goes

Totally Stampalicious Anything goes

7 comments:

mamapez5 said...

This is a beautiful card. I would never have gone for such a large design backing paper but it is just perfect with this image. You have matched the colours so well. I find copics are so good for this sort of colouring. Kate x

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Johann! Love your gorgeous coloring, beautiful image and the pretty dp! Thanks for joining us for the Anything Goes challenge at Totally Stampalicious!

anaRy said...

I loved this card JO...just rites have so many interesting stamps..this one you picked is sweet and you did fab work on it!
Thanks for helping to spread the word about the class...I am looking forward to make new craft buddies!

Trish said...

Beautiful!

Zulma said...

Beautiful card! pretty d/p. TFS with us at Lollipop Crafts and 2SC.
Zulma DT

Daisychain said...

A beautiful Christmas card, thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations. Hugs Christine x

Debbie said...

Absolutely Stunning. So glad you took the time to join us this week at Creative Inspirations.

Hugs
Debbie