Saturday, July 23, 2011

Just Relaxing On My Summer Vacation

Hi There Everyone,

First off Thank you for all the terrific response I have had on my Winter Glitter Coaster. I did add the instruction if you would like them to the bottom of that post. If you should have any question please ask.

Well here is another project that isn't a card or colored with Copics. LOL

This is for Mo's Digital Pencil's blog challenge #92. The challenge is Summer Vacation. Well what better way than just to stop, relax and smell the flowers.

Still working on my challenge to myself to use something that I have had for a while. I did just that. I have had these unfinished wooden boxes forever as well as the little porcelain topper.


First I took some distress ink to age the box. Then I stamped (this is the only "stamp" of Mo's I own all others are digital) my image in brown ink . Since I wasn't going to color with any kind of makers I didn't use a permanent ink. I used chalk to give her a hit of color.


I used distress ink around the edges of the porcelain. I then sprayed with Krylon triple thick clear spray.


I added a bow to the box and then attached the porcelain topper with a strong glue to the top of the box. I added some decorative paper to the inside of the box and lid to finish it off a bit.

Well I went outside the box again. I think I am having fun doing this. I used to push myself years ago to do this but then fell into a groove of doing just cards again.

Hope you like my "outside the box" project.

Thanks for stopping by

4 comments:

stampqueen said...

Adorable box!!!! I need to start using my alterables too - problem is they tend to take longer than cards do......more time is all I need!!! :)

Brenda said...

This is fabulous!! What a fun project! I love it!

Elaine L. said...

This is wonderful! What a nice little gift it would make! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Lisa said...

What a wonderful project! I love the antique look you achieved!!! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil this week!