Saturday, July 9, 2011

Paper Dolls

Happy Saturday Everyone,

July 9th already. Summer is moving right along. Alright bring on fall and some cooler weather. LOL

My card today is a paper doll. Do your remember them as a kid? I remember paper dolls and my Barbies would keep be busy for hours.

This cute image is from Mo's Digital Pencil Too. She offered this image as a freebie to enter her contest "Trudy's Party Dress". Wow you should see the entries. They are wonderful.

I kept it kinda of simple.


All colored with my Copics. Her dress was colored and cut out to make it a little 3-D looking. Stardust Stickles were added to her dress to make it a little more of a "party" dress. The bows in her hair received a little Stickles too. A girl has to have her bling accessories.


A glaze pen was used on her gift bag to give a little "matt" sheen to it but glossy accents were used on the lollypop.


I have to say I think purple is one of the hardest colors to photograph. It always ends up looking blue. I had a bridesmaid dress that did the same thing. Very pretty purple but all the pictures it ended up looking blue. Oh well. Either way her little dress is cute.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look.


2 comments:

Sara I. said...

Amazing job on her party dress - love the hints of sparkle and the butterflies above her!

Kos med papir og saks said...

beautiful card. love the colors, the coloring and the sparkle.

I wanted to follow you, but it didn't show up...