Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Christmas in August

Hi there,

Today has brought us some rain but one part of our little state got hit hard. With some tornado like winds, rain and hail. A few house had trees come down on them and a couple in the city had their roofs ripped off. A lot of down trees and telephone poles snapped. This was to the north of us which really is only about 20-25 miles from us. Thank goodness we only got rain.

My card today is another Christmas card. I love this stamp it is by Mostly Animals which is no longer in business. What a shame they really had some nice stamps.



I have colored the candles with my copics. I applied glossy accents over the glass globes of the candles.


This is for the Tuesday color challenge at The Outlawz. The challenge was to use Red, Green and White but also to add a transparent embellishment.

Ok, this challenge had me stumped for a bit. I kept thinking what do I have that I could use as a clear embellishment. The light bulb finally went off. I had this transparent roses that I have had for years. So I added a bow and a transparent rose and a red rose.


I knew I wanted to use the glossy accents and wasn't sure if that really was a transparent embellishment. LOL



It's a pretty simple card but effective.


Thanks for stopping by and have a good evening.

5 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

Stunning! I LOVE that we bought through of Christmas and think your card is truly lovely and very much a wonderful holiday card! :)

Brenda said...

I agree Stunning!! I love your glossy accented candles. Very effective! That transparent rose is a perfect accent! Love, love it!!
Hugs~Bren

NancyD said...

Ohhh! I like this image very much. You have made it into a really nice card.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! So elegant and stylish. Love, love it!

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful Christmas card. I love the bright reds and love candles. Beautiful coloring and flowers.