Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Finally Colored Black Hair and Gold Clothing

Hi Again,

Well I finally took the plunge and colored black hair. I think it came out pretty good. And I colored "gold" with my Copics thanks to Suzanne Dean's Video on coloring gold. I think the gold came out pretty good as well. I added some clear Atyou Spica pen to the outfit to give it more shimmer.


I have to tell you at first I did not like the Atyou Spica pen. It just didn't flow it took more effort than it was worth. I kept reading everyone raving about these so I took another chance and order another one thinking maybe the one I got was defective. Must have been the case. The new one works great. No effort at all. Will I give up my Gelly Roll stardust clear. Nope. I love them too.


The card is for a challenge on the CMC site under the new Bookendz group. The theme was something Asian. This image is another by Sureya



The funny thing is I had no real Asian type of stamps other than an Hero Arts Newspaper Wordprint. Again other oldy moldy stamp back for 1999. But for some reason I had some Asian types of paper. So I used that. I also broke out a couple other old products. I had this sealing wax for years as well as the little metal stamp. So I melted it and made the little medallion. (warning I forgot how easy that stuff will break.) I also pulled out this metallic cord. I can't remember the name off the top of my head . Think it started with an M.


Thanks for stopping by today.

9 comments:

Star said...

This is lovely. You did a fabulous job coloring it!

Views From My Scraproom... said...

Great job! I love the card.

anaRy said...

What a super cute card Johann!Lovely composition!
anaRy

Sandy said...

Really neat card -- I too am in the book club and for some reason I just thought the card needed to reflect the book - oh woe is me - now I don't know what I will do!!
Sandy

Renkata said...

this is awesome.

Penny said...

All I can say is WOW! :^)

Unknown said...

Your project is beautiful! Great job with the black hair!

Linda Palmer said...

This is beautiful. I love your coloring on the dress and the pretty gold colors you used. Your hair is gorgeous. The entire card is fabulous.

Bessie said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors! The gold dress makes the card stand out! :-)