Saturday, August 20, 2011

Notice something different?

Hello There,

Today I was suppose to be out doing yard work but we had a pretty good amount of rain last night so the grass was too wet to consider cutting. So what did I do. Well.....This. Do you notice anything strange about this image? Something a little off about it?


As you may know in the stamp world your images are normally black outline and then colored in. That is not the case with this one. Zoe owner of Make it Crafty came up with something that she calls "No Black Lines". She challenged herself to try and color with an image stamped in a very light ink to see what it would look like. If you have ever seen Zoe's work you know it looked amazing.


She has a Facebook page that is a gathering place. All kinds of the members have been trying this. So Zoe took one of her images and lightened it so it printed in a barley there gray and offered it to everyone to try it out.


From there you color. Doesn't sound too bad huh? Yea right. Let's just say it is a challenge.
You really miss those black lines. I think the look it gives is more of a painted look. I am pretty happy with the hair and dress. The face not so much. I think that is where I missed the lines the most. I added a few in to give her back a little nose and mouth.


I had started two other images when Zoe first came up with this but they are still sitting here on my desk. I just wasn't happy with how they were looking. Would I do this again. Maybe on a good day but I think I will stick with my black lines.

Let me know what you think, be gentle please :-)

Thanks for dropping by today.


4 comments:

The Crafty Elf said...

I don't think you should wait to do it again. You are very talented and once you do something a couple of times, you get better at it. Having said that, I can't see how this could be any better!! You've done a lovely job on this card, it's beautiful!

Patricia St Martin said...

I sure do... No lines! Wow!!! You did a stunning job. I'm not sure if I want to try that yet. You have done a wonderful job with your coloring, I just love how you did her she is just stunning really stunning!!

Roxann said...

Amazing coloring, Jo! Love the image.
Hugz,
Roxann

anaRy said...

This is just a work of art Jojo!