Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Challenge over at The Outlawz

Hi there everyone,

Before I get to my card I want to say everyone in Irene's path please prepare and be safe. Good thoughts for everyone. We have moved everything possible inside and secured anything still outside down.

Today is Friday and that means the Copic/Promarker challenge over at The Outlawz. My fellow design team members have some wonderful inspiration cards up. Please take a moment to check them out. I think you will be glad you did. The challenge is Anything Goes with copic or promarkers.

My card I have been wanting to try this image since the day I downloaded it from Make it Crafty.
I have to tell you I was a little taken back with all the ruffles. But I thought you bought it what did you think then. LOL

I thought okay let's try a mono chromatic look. I was very please at how it came out. It reminds me of those old tyme photo that you can have done a the beach.


I have colored her in all "E" tones. Her stockings if you look real close have a cross hatched pattern on them I did with my colorless blender pens. It is faint but there.


I have really been working on my ruffles and folds coloring. I think I am starting to get the hang of it.

The DP is by My Minds Eye- Lost and Found Market Street collection.
I used some ivory card stock to punch the lace border out with a Martha Stewart punch. Then sponged some tea dye distress ink on it. I also use the distress ink on the seam binding and flower to tie it all in with the colors on her dress.


I hope you will stop by and enter the challenge this week. We have some wonderful sponsors for the challenges. Here are some of the sponsors that are so kind to offer the prizes for our challenges.

7 comments:

Trina said...

Your coloring looks great! I can see your stocking design; what a great touch!

Linda Palmer said...

Jo, this is gorgeous! I love your beautiful coloring and the layout.

Sara I. said...

Stunning card!! Amazing coloring and love the gorgeous ribbon/rose combo!

Maire Gamber said...

Oh... wow! You did a fabulous job with the ruffles!!! I also just love your layout! Fabulous job!
Hugs,
marie

coops said...

wow, fantastic card.i love this image and your sepia coloouring is stunning :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Jo, I am sitting here staring at your beautiful and gorgeous coloring! It's is perfect and love the ruffles and stocking! Love it all!

Jane H said...

Jo every time I look at this I find soemthing else I love about it.