Monday, August 22, 2011

Flying Pixie

Hi There,

Happy Monday, hope everyone had a nice weekend. We went out to take care of some errands yesterday and got stuck in the middle of a terrible downpour. So much wind and rain that we had to pull into a parking lot to wait it out. Well today I read in the paper that the storm packed 77 mph winds and there was damage. No wonder we couldn't see. Lucky we were fine as were some of the others that did the same thing pulling over till it ended. I have only ever been in one other storm like that and it was a long time ago that a friend and I had just pulled into McDonalds with her brand new Mustang and the sign blew out and shattered all over her car. We had our hands on the door knob ready do get out but didn't. Thank goodness for that.

Okay, so on to my card. This is another image from Sureya. I tried a color combo that I don't normally consider. I also tried going with a higher contrast in my coloring of the ruffles. Still not sure I am happy with it.



The image is colored with my Copics. The paper is by Echo Park called Be Mine. See it can be used for something other than Valentines day. LOL


I added some black seam binding and some black pearls.


Her little wings have had some stickles added to them as well as the center of her flower.



I used xpress it Copic cardstock for the image.


I am entering this card into three challenges this week.

CMC- Winged things

Craft us Crazy – Anything goes

Stamps are Us- Anything goes


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

Have a great day.

6 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card and beautiful coloring on your darling image.

Shannon White said...

Oooh, this is so Pretty1 Love your Darling image and Wonderful coloring! the dp's are just perfect for your Sweet image and love the Black seam binding and pearls! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamps R Us! 8-)

Anonymous said...

She's so pretty and I love her sparkling eyes, you really know how to make the stamps dazzle.

Hugs, Lori m

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful job... Love your coloring she is just adorable. Her skirt is stunning. Have to check out make it crafty have not seen this image.
Hugs, Pat

Unknown said...

Fantastic coloring! Love the grey skirt! Fantastic shadows! Thanks so much for playing with us at CMC! Hope to see you back for our next challenge!

Jenn

Sandie said...

LOVE this. I am a huge fan of Sureya!. Thank you for joining us at Color Me Creative this time. Good luck. xx