Friday, August 5, 2011

Sending you Smiles

Happy Friday,

It is here finally. Everyone ready for the weekend. I know I am.

I finally made a card with this pop up template. I guess that is what you would call it. LOL


This week you needed to create something that was in your country's flag colors. I was trying to come up with something a little different. I hope I have done that. With the USA color combo it is hard not to think of things like fireworks, forth of July celebrations, etc. I wanted to challenge myself to not make it too much like a forth of July card.


This is another Peekers stamp from the collections. To me she looks like she is thinking hard as to what to get into.


I have colored her with my Copics. I masked her off and stamped the grass in. I also tried making my clouds different. I watched a video that Jan Hunnicutt put out on how she does her clouds. They look so pretty. I guess it is my picture taking because you can hardly see them. They look perfect on the card in person. I guess I could go a little darker. If you click on Jan's name it will take you to her video.



I really hope that Elisabeth Bell will come out with a "winter" theme series of the Peekers. I think that would be so cute.



A big THANK YOU for all the wonderful comments that you leave me. I appreciate them so much.

I am leaving you with something that my sister in law sent. If you are a person who texts or even someone who does chats or instant messaging you might get a laugh out of this.

MIDDLE AGE TEXTING CODES:

ATD - at the doctor.
BFF - best friend fell.
BTW - bring the wheelchair.
FWIW - forgot where I was.
GHA - got heartburn again.
IMHO - is my hearing aid on?
OMMR - on my massage recliner.
ROFLACGU - rolling on floor laughing and can't get up.
TTYL - talk to you louder!


Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

LOVE this Jo...well done on pushing yourself with the challenge :) And I'm ROFLACGU just reading the abbreviation meanings LOL I'm going to pass this on to a few people :)

Kathy said...

Oh my this is too sweet. Love her tiny heiny peeking out, I agree with you, she is thinking about what to get into next, lol. Great coloring, fun card. Love those abbreviations, too, very funny.

ThePurplePlace said...

LMBO! I am loving the new texting codes--perfect for my age group and what a laugh I had reading them! :)